Craven Grain Storage Limited
General Data Protection Policy
Craven Grain Storage ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices and processes regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting or engaging in a business process with Craven Grain Storage ltd you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR), the data controller is Craven Grain Storage ltd, The Airfield, Shobdon, Leominster, Herefordshire, HR6 9NR.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
• Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
• analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
• selected third parties, including business partners, suppliers and subcontractors, but only for the performance of any contract we enter into with you i.e. address and contact information in relation to haulage collections.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. In order to comply with law and to ensure we have the necessary information required in order to resolve future issues that might arise, we retain all personal data for a minimum period of seven years from collection.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
No fee is usually required. If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact: Date Protection Officer, Craven Grain Storage ltd, The Airfield, Shobdon, HR6 9NR
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact the Data Protection Officer. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request must be submitted in writing to the Data Protection Officer. We aim in all circumstances to respond to information access requests within 30 days of receipt of the written request.
Information on the Craven Grain Storage website is intended to provide guidance, but does not constitute a recommendation.
Data Protection Officer
Craven Grain Storage ltd
Craven Grain Storage ltd
Craven Grain does make use of some third party services such as Google Analytics. Cookies associated with these could be classed as “non-essential” cookies of which we have limited control over.
We use Google Analytics to count the number of people who use the site and to analyse how they use it. We do this to make sure that our site is as good as it can be and this is the primary evidence we use when trying to improve what we offer to users. You can opt out of Google Analytics here (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout)
Cookies are necessary for carrying out or facilitating the transmission of a communication or
is “strictly necessary” for providing an “information society service” requested by the user.
Cookies likely to be deemed essential are those used for the shopping basket and checkout,
those that provide security for online banking services and those that help ensure that your
page loads quickly by distributing the workload.
Any cookies used for analytical purposes to count the number of visitors to a website, any
cookies used by first party or third party advertisers, including affiliates, and cookies used to
recognise the user when they return to a website so they receive a tailored greeting or
optimised landing page.